Snapper With Caper Tartare
• 500g snapper
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
• 1/2 cup (75g) cornflour
• 3/4 cup (180ml) water
• vegetable oil for deep-frying
• 1 cup (250g) good quality egg mayonnaise
• 2 tsp finely grated lime rind
• 2 tsp lime juice, extra
• 2 tsp Always Fresh Capers, chopped
• 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
• 1 tsp Always Fresh Sweet Spiced Gherkins – Sliced
Rinse the fish under cold water; pat dry with absorbent paper.
Beat the egg in a small bowl with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Fold in sifted flours and water in 2 batches. Just before serving, dip the fish pieces into batter.
Deep-fry fish in hot oil in batches about 3 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp; drain on absorbent paper.
Serve with lime and caper tartare.
Lime and caper tartare:
Finely chop gherkins finely and combine all ingredients.
Always Fresh tips:
Fish is best cooked just before serving. Serve with roast potatoes or a fresh green salad. Tartare can be made 2 days ahead.